The idea came from a video of amazing people:
I decided to put up here the inspiring stories I happen to read online. The list will grow.
- Professionally, Mr. Hill was a metallurgist at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory who eventually convinced his supervisors that he should be allowed to indulge his hobby at work. He became a pioneer in developing unmanned aerial vehicles — drones — for the military.
- A terminally-ill British teenager has become an online hit after posting a wish list of things she would like to do before she dies on her personal blog
- Love in the Time of Rioting: “It was complete chaos. Rioters set two cars on fire and then I saw looters break the window at a neighboring department store. At that point, the riot police charged right towards us. After I stopped running, I noticed in the space behind the line of police that two people were laying in the street with the riot police and a raging fire just beyond them.”
- IBM 100 years celebration video
- Derreck Kayongo is a Ugandan war refugee who started the Global Soap Project to help vulnerable communities fight disease. Based in Atlanta, the nonprofit has collected 100 tons of used soap from hotels in the United States and reprocessed it for shipment to impoverished nations.
- South Korean pastor raises abandoned child.
- A firefighter finds a koala moving gingerly on her scorched paws after wildfires sweep Australia. “Sam” accepted a bottle of water and is now recovering at a wildlife shelter.
- Animals are awesome too
- MONIQUE van der Vorst is eyeing the ultimate sporting transformation – from Paralympic medallist to an Olympic cyclist